Three months in London taught me something right?
1. WALK WALK WALK. Depending on how much time you have this may vary but London is a pedestrian city. It’s such a great way to get away from the tourist parts of the city and really learn more about this beautiful city. Slow down and appreciate the surrondings – this is a city filled with hidden treasures and you don’t want to miss it.
2. Museums are a great in this city. Most tourists already have a guide telling them to look at all the museums but it is truly great advice to follow. I personally loved the British Museum and the National HIstory museum. Other popular museums include the Victoria and Albert, the Tate Modern, science, and natural gallery. Spend a fun afternoon at these gems! There is something for everyone.
3. Parks. It really is not the first thing you think of when you think of London but amidst all the chaos you can find a peaceful quiet and fun environment at one of the many parks available. There are so many to choose from: Regents Park, Hyde Park, Primrose Hill, Holland Park and the list goes on and on. Check out a list of what parks and what you can do here.
4. Avoid Oxford Street – unless your looking for a stressful time. This popular street is home to every tourist you don’t want to run into and expensive stores which you could find in any other city you travel to.
5. That being said – go to the markets instead! Here you will find your sweet tooth and happiness. With tons of options between food markets and quirky items this slice of London is a must see. There are so many to chose from and a great way to kill some time and meet some cool people. Some of my favorite include: Borough Market and Portobello Market.
Let me know what you think and shoot me a comment!